Monday, July 29, 2013

Technology fail

There have been quite a few posts around blogland recently about honesty in blogging - about how often we only share the good bits, perhaps because we're trying to fool ourselves that our lives really do look that picture perfect.

This evening, I have entirely failed to stitch a buttonhole. An attempt to do so with a machine had me with screw driver, tweezers and scissors trying to excise a ginormous tangle from the depths of machine.

Thinking, 'sod it, I'll do this old-school', the sewing machine went away and out came the needle for hand-worked buttonholes. But oh no. The stitch ripper has jammed - I must have rammed it into its lid too tightly, and I've spent fifteen minutes trying to get it out, resulting in sore fingers and no buttonhole.

My alloted time for crafting has elapsed, leaving me annoyed and frustrated and with NO BUTTONHOLES.

So that's honesty.

UPDATE: Judicious application of pliers has resolved one part of my difficulty. Now I just need to stitch the buttonholes. 

2 comments:

  1. oh, I do hope the button holes go better today. Have a cuppa and a sit in the sun and I am sure things will improve on the button hole front! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did eventually get one buttonhole done. Feeling rather foolish today for having got so worked up over such a small thing...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...