Saturday, November 10, 2012

Week 8: The charity shop pile

The last two weeks have been a bit insane here - my mother has been in hospital and I've spent a week in the UK to be near her, which has also meant a lot of work piling up here. So in this context, I think i'ts probably okay that I have missed a week, and that this week's step in the Simples challenge is a bit of a cheat.


As I've been clearing things out, I've accumulated a selection of scarves, books, clothes, bags etc to be donated to the local charity shop but haven't yet got as far as actually parting with them. I find it very hard to let stuff go, even though I know that it frees up more space in my home and in my head. So today, I finally took the pile of charity shop donations to the charity shop. I only retrieved one item - a summer jacket. I think having one winter coat and one summer jacket is not excessive, and the jacket is fairly plain but I have plans to revitalise it.

The whole way down the stairs and walking to the charity shop I was fighting a little voice at the back of my mind telling me that I could use those clothes to make new things, that I could reread the books etc. But now I'm back and celebrating the space that has been revealed! (Sorry there's no before picture - if I'd stopped to photo it, I probably wouldn't have been able to bring myself to actually get rid of it.) Next week I can move on to another area in the house and build up another charity shop pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...