Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Clearing the crafting decks

Following the completion of the second set of miniature stocking advent calenders, I am being very focused and non-spontaneous. I am aiming to finish off ALL of my works in progress before I start on anything new. I have several on the go, which is adding to the clutter and mess of my crafting supplies. I am working up to sorting through these supplies but want to do myself the favour of clearing as much out of the way as possible before I do so.

Step forward, WIP number one: cross stitch panel.


This piece of embroidery was a Christmas or birthday gift to me about four or five years ago, I think. I fell totally in love with the picture and the colours. I found it about a year ago while having a minor sort out, and decided to start it because I'd been doing so much sewing that was either functional or for other people that I really felt the need for something purely for pleasure.




Now that I'm just over half way through working this piece, I think that in future I'll try to combine practicality with enjoyment because I still cannot think of anything useful to do with this. I don't want to just frame it and put it on the wall, and I'm not sure it will survive long if used as an inset panel in a cushion. If you have any suggestions, do let me know.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. Do you also have a large pile of WIPs tucked away somewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...